Centre for Genomic and Experimental Medicine,
Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine,
University of Edinburgh.
+44 (0)131 651 8557
The Centre for Genomic and Experimental Medicine,
The Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine,
Western General Hospital,
- Dental and oral health,
- type 1 diabetes,
- mental health,
- quantitative genetics,
- human health across the life course, and
- translational and personal medicine.
- Mairead Bermingham works on the genetic epidemiology of type 1 diabetes within the Scottish Diabetic Research Network Type 1 Diabetes Bioresource (SDRNT1BIO).
- Her research expertise and interests include: dental and oral health, type 1 diabetes, obesity, mental health, epidemiology, quantitative genetics, human health across the life course, and translational and personal medicine.
- PhD. The multifactorial aetiology of amoebic gill disease in Ireland, National University of Ireland, Cork.
- MSc. Quantitative Genetics and Genome Analysis, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- P.G.Cert. Academic Practice, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.